Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27, 2010

Okay..so I have not been able to update Brennen's progress as much as I would have liked. Life has been incredibly busy and I will have to say that it has taken me longer than what I thought it would to get back into the normal swing of things. It has been difficult juggling work, home, and taking Brennen to feeding therapy, occupational therapy, and swimming lessons. Somewhere in the midst of everything my house needs cleaned too...

But we are surviving and Brennen has made wonderful progress. Brennen's food is still pureed with the exception of incredibly small bites of hot dog! I was so amazed to see his little mouth chewing a hot dog bite! I kept thinking that this summer may be the first time that our whole family will be able to eat the same meal.

This summer we plan on increasing his therapy visits to once a week again to gain some momentum with textures. We are currently going to therapy every other week.

I am very ready for this school year to be over and be able to have a slower pace this summer. Taking Brennen to therapy for the 10 weeks was so very necessary and I am not sorry that we did it. In fact, I would do it again in a heart beat if I had to do it over again.

It has not been easy, but having a child with severe oral sensitivities isn't easy either. Taking Brennen to swimming has been good for him in trying to help him with some of his sensitivities as well. He is starting to become a little more confident in the water and not quite as "clingy" to his instructors.

Well, that's kind of a brief overview of the past 3 months...I will update again as we begin to gain some momentum with eating this summer.

Thanks for checking on Brennen's progress and May God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment