Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hello Everyone!! I wanted to give some updates since I haven't made a post in quite awhile.

I am back to work which has been nice to get back into our normal routine, but has also been difficult with trying to balance Brennen's feeding needs with household duties and duties of work too. But, we are surviving!

I am getting the hang of pureeing Brennen's food. I am gettinig quicker at it and my ability to get the food smooth is also improving. It is just very time consuming. I usually puree enough food to last the week and then try to save the majority of my pureeing for the weekend.

Brennen continues to eat really well at home. He will tell me when he is hungry, which is still something that continues to take me by surprise when he says it. Prior to our therapy, he would never tell me when he was hungry. Honestly, I don't think he ever knew what that feeling was. He had a lot of stomach pain and discomfort, and I don't think he could tell if he was hungry or not.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Our family came to our house this year because it was much easier with Brennen's eating schedule to have it at our house.

We are continuing with our weekly appointments at the Hospital, although we have had to miss 2 of the 3 appointments scheduled due to illness. First, I got the flu and then Brennen had a sinus infection. For me, I think I was just exhausted. The first weekend we were home, I got sick. But everyone is doing fine now.

The feeding team is holding off on trying anything new until after the holidays. We will also begin potty training sometime in January.

Well, thanks for checking in on Brennen's progress and I will update in January as we begin adding new foods.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment