Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday, Sept. 27, 2009

Today we went to visit Ronald Mcdonald House. I can honestly say that I feel much better about going now that I have visited the house. There are common areas of the house and then Brennen and I will have our own private bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom resembles a hotel room. The '"feel" of the house is very casual, very familiar. All of the families staying in the house are there for one purpose: their child(ren) who is receiving some sort of therapy or treatment at the Cleveland Clinic or University Hospital. I get the feeling that by the end of our stay the volunteers, and the other families that stay there become like extended family members.

I find out tomorrow if we have a room available on Tuesday. If one is not available, Tim will drive Brennen to therapy and then drive Brennen back home after therapy. If a room is available, Sophia and I will make the trek after the funeral on Tuesday.

Kind of a crazy start, but I was thinking today as Tim was feeding Brennen how this is a start to a new beginning for him. We may be able to actually go to a sit-down restaurant for the first time and have Brennen eat with us. The thought almost brings tears to my eyes.

Brennen gagged on some sweet potatoes as he was eating today. I look forward to the day that all of the stress with eating is but a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment