Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

Wow..it feels like forever since I have posted on Brennen's progress... I was going to post over the weekend, but then became very preoccupied with getting my house back in shape! (9 weeks away from home had taken its toll!) We have made it to Week 10!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Brennen ate turkey, sweet potatoes, mixed vegetables, and peaches (all foods were pureed). He did wonderful! Even with the differences in textures from how smooth the kitchen staff at Day Hospital purees to what my processor can do... He still did an amazing job with eating his meals very calmly all weekend.

We had a wonderful weekend at home. It was so nice to not have to rush back up to Cleveland Sunday afternoon. I loved being home and getting laundry done in my own machine and not feel as though I have to babysit my clothes for fear somebody might move them out of the machine!

It was great to have the weekend for Brennen and Sophia to be together. They are kind of going through an adjustment period of being together again.

We were really able to see Brennen's progress this weekend. We went to my brother's birthday party on Sunday. There was a large group of people there and Brennen handled that very well. Tim and I were talking about how last year at this time, he would have had a very difficult time with that. We can really tell that he is beginning to feel better. He is eating so much better and that is allowing him to be able to handle life's experiences better too. I am sure as Brennen matures, he will be able to handle more too.

Life is good right now!

My sister-in-law made the drive with me today so she can feed him and receive input as needed from the feeding team. She has already fed him once today and is doing a great job. Brennen sat and ate very calmly for her.

It's another long day today but I am comforted by the fact that I get to drive home and that I don't have to spend the night up here tonight.

I will post again on Thursday..Have a good day everyone and thanks for checking on Brennen's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment