Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Art of Pureeing Food 101

Okay, so I found out the secrets to Pureeing: A $600.00 professional blender and a Chef :0)

I think the blender they use could puree a shoe without even a blink. But he did tell me the hotter the water you use to blend the food with the better. And the ol' standby recipe advice that you can always add more water, but it's alot harder to take it out; so start with little amounts and then gradually increase as needed.

I don't know if my little food processor is able to do what it is I am asking it to do..I think I am going to need something in between my little dinky processor and the big papa blender that the hospital uses.

I'll figure it out, it will just take some playing around with..but it was nice of the hospital to let me watch them do it. I even got to wear the fancy hair net and gloves, I looked very official.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for Brennen, and for your family - the end is in sight! Or should I say, your new beginning! Our prayers continue!
    Cathleen (Nurse Rem)
    p.s. Professional pureeing... back up career you never thought of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathleen! I'll have a sign up sheet in the lounge for anyone interested in pureeing their lunch!! (ha, ha) :0)

    I Miss Everyone!!

    ReplyDelete