Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009

Eeewww..I hate centipedes!

There was one in the feeding room today crawling on the wall. Brennen saw it and said, "What is that?" I was feeding him, so I turned around and saw it on the wall. Inside I was thinking, we are running out of this room right now! But I remained calm, and Brennen covered his ears! He does that whenever he is afraid of something or he's not sure if it is going to make a loud noise!

Brennen kept eating with his ears covered and his eyes on the ugly bug. What progress!

When he was finished eating, Nurse Barbara came in and we were laughing because she said she was glad I was feeding him. She said if she were in the room, they would have had to leave because she can't stand centipedes!

I did send the centipede to heaven via my shoe...

Let's hope he didn't call his friends for the next feeding...

4 comments:

  1. YOU killed the bug? That's normally my job.

    I now know that you're capable of doing this yourself.

    Talk about Brennen making progress. You've done well yourself. A certified Cleveland driver, and now a centipede killer.

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the whole time that you would be proud of me! But I'm still calling you for spiders..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy
    So glad to hear things are going better for you with the feeding therapy! Sounds like Brennen is liking his new foods. He has come soooo far since the first couple of weeks....that has to make you feel so much better.
    I could not have sat in that room if I saw a centipede.....I know you were just being brave for Brennen, I probably would have and I know I was when the kids were around. You do not want them to think you are actually afraid!!!
    So happy for you that things are going so well....maybe Brennen will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving food this year!!!

    Cheryl Foster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cheryl! It does feel good to see how well Brennen is doing and how far he has come.
    Luckily there were no more centipedes for the rest of the day..they must have gotten the message!!

    ReplyDelete