Thursday, October 15, 2009

Link to Oral Hypersensitivity

I found a link that describes what oral hypersensitivity is:

www.costellokids.com/therapy/oral_hypersensitivity.html

This describes some of the issues we have been facing with Brennen in terms of eating.
My research has helped me understand how Brennen views food and how food feels in his mouth.

It is still amazing to me that something so natural as eating food, is NOT natural for some kids. For some kids it is the most agonizing experience. This is why we are here...

I am thankful that their are therapists, doctors and nurses whose main focus is treating children with feeding disorders.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissy,
    Just want you to know that I am really enjoying reading your blog everyday. My prayers are with you and Brennen and that the therapy will work.
    We miss you at school. From Debbie Steiner

    ReplyDelete