Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009

Today in therapy, we are alternating between chicken and ham for the feedings. They were worried that if Brennen didn't see chicken for awhile that he would be anxious when he saw it again. So, he has eaten a protein of chicken or ham at every feeding today. We are up to 1-2 ounces of protein at each feeding. Which is wonderful!!

Every Thursday is my parent-meeting where I meet with the feeding team and we discuss the progress Brennen is making. At this time we also talk about the future plans for the following weeks ahead. At Brennen's next feeding today, they are going to introduce carrots. I am excited because I think he will like them. They have a sort of sweet taste to them; which he seems to go for. Sweet and Salty are his favorites.

Next week, Brennen will be introduced to mashed potatoes. I have to admit that this one will be sort of sentimental for me because this was the first table food we tried when Brennen was a baby. This is the food that sort of sent my wheels turning that something isn't quite right here. To see him eat mashed potatoes will be emotional for me I think.

The next protein down the pike is turkey. So by Thanksgiving we will be able to eat a complete pureed meal!! Turkey, mashed potatoes, and carrots!! Maybe we can do some pureed pumpkin with some cool whip for dessert. My heart is so happy!!

In 2-3 weeks I will get to feed him again. I am excited for that too. We are definitely moving in the right direction with our therapy and I am very pleased.

Last night the Ronald Mcdonald House had a little Halloween Party put on by some of the volunteers. They passed out candy bags and the kids got to draw on orange paper. The volunteers were going to decorate the house with the kids' drawings.

Brennen wasn't too amused because he doesn't eat candy. He had more fun outside riding a tricyle and playing in the tree house with Sophia. That is better for him anyway!! I love to watch them play together; even more now. They are my pride and joy...

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy- when spencer and cooper went trick or treating for the first time- none of them ate candy either. however- after feeding clinic spencer got a juice box from a house and kept wanting and wanting it. He never did eat any of the other candy- just drank the juice box. that was his restriction- no water or juice- just pediasure. - karen van doren

    ReplyDelete