Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday, Oct. 29, 2009

Where do I begin?...

Today was just one of those days...actually this whole week has been filled with those days....It started at breakfast and just down -spiraled until our very last meal. Today we had crying, kicking, eating and then more crying, kicking, eating, and then last but not least crying, kicking and eating followed by vomitting. It was a GREAT day, let me tell ya!

I had my parent meeting today and we discussed how on Monday of next week, we will begin pureed turkey and that will be our last food introduced during our inpatient therapy. They are afraid to throw any more at Brennen because he is starting to become tired with the program and at this point unless you walk a fine line you can become counterproductive in what you are trying to achieve. Thursday of next week, I will begin feeding him during our therapies.

We have completed 50% of our program and are beginning to look at how we can phase him (and me) back into our normal everyday lives.

Dr. Cuddy looked at me today and told me that I looked tired and that I should go take a break for awhile. So after Brennen went down for his nap today..I got out! I went shopping for a few hours and then returned to the hospital before Brennen even woke up from his nap. That seemed to refresh me a little. It can get very tiring when you're whole world is watching Brennen having difficulties all day long. It was nice to get out and feel the sun...(what there was of it!!)

So if you were looking for my post this afternoon and didn't see one..this is why! I was taking a personal break!

I am so very glad that tomorrow is Friday..it has been a very long week.

Have a good night everyone and I will post more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Chrissy!! I am sure to you it seems like it will never get better......but it will. Have faith in the man upstairs. I think of you soooo often and hoping things will get better with the feeding therapy. Good things take time is what they have told me before. When you are getting so frustrated, it is hard to see the progress, but it sounds like Brennen is doing soooo much better, even though he does have some bad days, and those can be very hard to take. Prayer your way.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete