Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday, Oct. 15, 2009

While Brennen was eating his breakfast this morning with Ms. Barbara, he told her, "I love you!". Ms. Barbara smiled sweetly and said, "I love you too!". It was the cutest thing! He is becoming very attached to both Ms. Barbara and Ms. Cheryl. And I think they are becoming quite attached to him too.

He makes them laugh because out of the blue he will say the funniest stuff. Like, one day, he asked them, "Where are the white ladies?" Ms. Barbara just laughed! I am on the other side of the mirror red-faced and laughing too! (Ms. Barbara and Ms. Cheryl are both African Americans)

In my parent meeting today, it was decided that we are going to increase the volume of chicken at each meal to 1/2 ounce and on Tuesday of next week, they will introduce ham. That should be interesting! The next vegetable to come into play will be carrots because of their similarity in texture, taste and color to sweet potatoes. They said that helps with transitioning.

In the waiting room, I was reading Parents Magazine and they had an article in this month's issue on how to make gluten free cupcakes! It is so great to see how Celiac Disease is becoming something that more people are becoming aware of and therefore there is an increase in products and recipes that are available.

I wonder how a cupcake would taste pureed? My guess is it would still taste pretty good. That will be something we will have to try for the holidays...

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Ham!!! We're all cheering for you guys. And I miss you at work and when I have to discuss the OIP with the BLT and the DLT and the ABC's. lol Okay couldn't resist the alphabet soup show. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete