Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2009

Miss Betsy, Brennen's preschool teacher, is so great! She brought Brennen back to the day hospital room in a wagon. He really likes that part of his day. Today in Miss Betsy's room it was "Orange Day" so they got to work with orange playdough and do other activities involving the color orange. It is a nice break in the day for him. (and me too :))

I am typing in the computer resource room, and they just paged a "Code Violet" which means a violent person in the therapy hallway. I am not sure what all that means but I'm not going to move for awhile! I can hear the different theraptists' voices in the hallway and they sound as though they are laughing. I can see other therapies continuing to take place, so I assume all is well! I believe it was just one of the patients receiving therapy here at the hospital. Nevertheless, I am beginning to miss the dull excitement of Wayne County.

Brennen is taking his nap and at 2:00 he will receive Recreational Therapy, which will give him a change of scenery and allow him to have some gross motor therapy. I know he will enjoy this therapy too. However, I am sure he will still be sleeping when they come to get him. Maybe we can work on a later time if it is available in their schedule.

When I began typing this post, I didn't realize it would be about so many colors. I think I like orange the best....





2 comments:

  1. Orange is nice, but hurts the eyes with your blog background. Don't make it a habit. :)

    So glad you're doing this, gives you a creative outlet, and keeps family and friends (and hubby!) updated.

    -Timmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, Steve & TrentOctober 7, 2009 at 3:49 AM

    Hi There! Sounds like things are going well. It is really great that Brennen has many different activities to stay involved in while he is there; adds a little fun to his hard day :) Just wanted to let you know that we check-in and read your updates everyday. Trent prays for Brennen every night [last night he prayed for Sophie too]. We are thinking about you. Take care, Love-S, S & T

    ReplyDelete