Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday, Oct. 12, 2009

Feeling a little discouraged today... It is definitely Monday. Everything is going fine with Brennen's therapies and he seems to enjoy going to them. We just can not get past sweet potatoes and chicken. Dr. Cuddy won't be in the office until Wednesday so that is when the feeding plan gets re-looked at.

Everyone is so patient with him and they are great. I am on the other side of the mirror, screaming in my head..JUST EAT IT!! It is just very hard to see how we will ever move on to eating solid foods at this point in time. Before we started the therapy, I was hoping that by the end of the 10-weeks, Brennen would be eating solid foods that he could chew, but realistically I don't think that is going to happen. Luckily, at the end of the 10-weeks, we still continue with the feeding therapy and just resume our office visit once a week.

One of the patients in the feeding program went home today with flu-symptoms. I have been washing my hands alot and Brennen's too. I hope we don't get it! We kept the kids in the house this weekend. We're being extra careful to avoid unnecessary exposure.

The hospital cafeteria has even adjusted how many groups can eat at the same time. They have it scheduled when people can come to the cafeteria. Hospital employees and visitors can't eat in the cafeteria until 12:20. The Autism School, which is attached to the feeding hospital, eats first and then the cafeteria staff cleans all the tables for the next group to come in. It's going to be a crazy season! Hopefully all of these precautions will help us stay healthy.

On the home front, Sophia loved her breakfast her Daddy gave her today. She ate cheerios and a chocolate chip cookie on the way to Aunt Kristin's today! I think she is loving her Daddy-Daughter time!

Well, that's all for now. I will keep you posted as to how he does tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy, Tim just sent me the link to your blog today. I have to say that you are one of the strongest people I know. I'm sorry that you guys are going through this, but thankful that things are in place to overcome it. Brennen seems to be such a strong little guy and you all have a wonderful support system.

    Please let me know if there's anything JR and I can do to help. Best of luck to you!

    ~Tara Easterling

    ReplyDelete