Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday, Oct. 19, 2009

I heard from my mom and everything went well with my dad today. His heart cath procedure went fine and they did find an artery behind his heart that was 90% blocked. The doctors opened that artery and put in a stint. My dad is resting and doing well. If everything continues to go well with his recovery today, he should be able to return home tomorrow.

Brennen has also done really well today with his eating. He ate everything very calmly like he's been doing it for years.

So, all in all, today was a very good day.

The calm before the "ham" storm tomorrow....Oh, well I'll just relax now and worry about that later.

2 comments:

  1. We both love ham...let's hope we passed on the "ham" gene. The bar couldn't be set any lower, let's hope for a surprise.

    Reminds me of a great Simpsons quote...

    "Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

    Lisa: No.

    Homer: Ham?

    Lisa: No.

    Homer: Pork chops?

    Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!

    Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, maaaagical animal."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy. It was good to see you briefly yesterday. :) My heart hurt for you as you shared about your dad. I'm so thankful that things went well today for him and also for Brennen.

    I just want to tell you that I am remembering to pray for you as I can. I will keep checking in here and that is the best way I can pray details for you guys.

    Take Care and stay strong!
    Love to you,
    Julie Mast

    ReplyDelete